A HAPPY TRIP TO GARDENS OF MALASAG ECO-TOURISM VILLAGE, CAGAYAN DE ORO
On our way back to Cagayan de Oro City from a half day trip in Dahilayan, we made a side trip to the Gardens of Malasag Eco-Tourism Village. Garden of Malasag is situated in Sitio Malasag, Cugman; a rolling terrain in the slopes of reforestation area which is just 20 minutes from the city center. Malasag garden appeared to be a cultural village in a botanical garden setting, it features the tribal practices & crafts of Mindanao tribes. You will see sculptural pieces of Mindanao Ethic Folks displayed all over the place.
The Gardens of Malasag Eco-Tourism Village also serves as the learning center for ecotourism, ethnic arts, flora, and fauna endemic to Northern Mindanao. Moreover, the place also intends to generate revenues and livelihood for the tribal groups. Ethnic products can also be found at the souvenir shop in the village. Of course for any tourist, one would surely drop by a souvenir shop what you can bring home for family and friends. We spent quite a while in the shop trying some of their ethnic jewelry pieces.
Gardens of Malasag Eco-Tourism Village also has an Ethnic Museum; tribal houses of the Talaandigs, Higao-non, Subanon, Maranaos and Ifugaos. The place has cozy guest cottages; campground , swimming pool , picnic shed, orchidarium, mini garden, native restaurant, butterfly garden, multi-purpose hall. It offers the view of Macabalan Bay and hills of Malasag.
Garden of Malasag Accommodations:
• 5 Lantaw Rooms with Aircon
• 9 De Luxe Room with Aircon
• 7 Standard Rooms with Aircon
• 1 Non-Aircon Native Cottage
• Two (2) rooms – 50 person capacity for boys
• Two (2) rooms – 50 person capacity for girls
• Total capacity – 100 persons
Higa-onon Resto Cafe with a seating capacity of 40 persons
Function Room which can accommodate an approximately 170 person capacity for classroom set-up
Amphitheater which can seat between 200 – 300 persons with sound system and lights.
Other amenities :
• Picnic Sheds with Barbeque Grills and Pits
• Swimming Pool
• Observation Decks
• Souvenir Shop
• Campground and Pergola
How to get to Gardens of Malasag Eco-Tourism Village
I. By Air
– One and a half hour flight from Manila to Cagayan de Oro by Philippine Airlines, Air Philippines, Cebu Pacific.
II. By Sea
WG & A
– from Manila to Cagayan de Oro via Bacolod, Surigao,
Butuan, Iloilo and Dumaguete (travel time approximately 42 hours)
– from Manila to Cagayan de Oro via Bacolod, Iloilo and Tagbilaran (travel time approximately 43 hours)
Trans-Asia and Cebu Ferries
– daily from Cebu to Cagayan de Oro (travel time approximately 10 hours)
III. By Land
– From Manila, Philtranco has daily trips to Cagayan de Oro.
– Estimated travel time is 42 hours.
– Buses from nearby provinces are also available.
From the Cagayan de Oro City , Garden of Malasag can be reached via jeepneys, taxis and motorcycles (habal-habal).
For More Information Contact:
Gardens of Malasag Eco-Tourism Village
Cugman, Cagayan de Oro City
Telefax: (088) 855-61-83
Cell: (0920) 982-6759
CAGAYAN DE ORO SERIES:
- PART 1- PMAP NATIONAL CONFERENCE IN CAGAYAN DE ORO
- PART 2- LIST OF HOTELS IN CAGAYAN DE ORO
- PART 3- DAHILAYAN PARK ADVENTURE: HOME TO ASIA’S LONGEST DUAL ZIPLINE
- PART 4- EXTREME ADVENTURE: WHITE WATER RAFTING IN CAGAYAN DE ORO
- PART 5- CAGAYAN DE ORO’S NIGHT CAFE
- PART 6- GARDENS OF MALASAG,ECO TOURISM VILLAGE