THE BEAUTIFUL SATORI CLIFF, BASAY, NEGROS ORIENTAL
We visited Sipalay, Negros Occidental recently to celebrate the birthday of our Dean, Dr. Ditas Joson. We did our research and prepared a list of places to visit in the area as well as activities to do. I was very excited because I had the feeling that it will be a fantastic experience for my friends and me. Apart from the various spots in Sipalay City, we decided to include in our itinerary a visit to Satori Cliff located in Basay, Negros Oriental.
The trip from Sipalay was more than an hour. We made a few stops to ask for directions, and phone signals in some areas were not good. Despite the laughter inside the van, Dr. Cyche and myself being the one who recommended the place were quite anxious as to what would be the look of the area.
After a few stops, we finally reached Satori Cliff in Basay, Negros Oriental. Low and behold, it was one of the decisions that we didn’t regret. As we reached our destination, we right away realized that it was indeed the perfect place for us to chill and enjoy that beautiful sunny afternoon.
So, what is the place all about? Well, it is suited for all types of visitors. Regardless of one’s trip or interest, it will be possible to do it here. Here are the different activities which you may do in Satori Cliff.
Things to do in Satori Cliff
1. Water activities
During our visit, I didn’t see anyone swimming right at the Satori Cliff area. However, along the coastal area in Basay which is very close to Satori Cliff are various resorts and beaches which offers water activities. So if you’re a water sports enthusiast, then you will find the swimming and snorkeling experience here as perfect for your interests. Have a blast as you marvel on your adventure and I am pretty sure that you will have a great time. Note that since the place is not that fully developed, you have to bring your safety gear in doing these activities.
2. Sunset Viewing
The available viewing deck offers a fantastic view of the sun as it sets in the middle of the sea. Imagine having this view while with someone special? Yes! This is, of course, a romantic and thrilling sight to behold. Just stand in the deck, wait for the sunset, witness its beauty, and enjoy the romantic and serene environment.
3. Take Plenty of Photos
The entire place is naturally Instagram worthy. Take amazing photos by striking different poses. Catch the sunset, the rocks, the stairs, and everything around. I am sure that your IG feed will be filled with equally satisfying and aesthetic content. Plus, these photos will serve as your way of keeping precious memories.
4. Explore the Nearby Beaches and Attractions
As we are heading towards the place, we saw so many spots and beaches that have clear and enticing waters. Feel free to discover what Basay can offer to its guests.
Satori Cliff is a place for those who would like to enjoy away from the noise of the city center. If you are up to some natural and at the same time, satisfying adventures, then head to Satori Cliff. Have a Happy Trip!
How to Get to Satori Cliff, Basay, Negros Oriental
Address: Brgy Nagbo-alao, Basay, Negros Oriental
From Bacolod City
I will update this portion regarding the Bus going to Bayawan.
From Dumaguete City
From Dumaguete City, you can take a van for hire (terminal is beside Foodnet along Perdices Street) going to Bayawan City. Travel time is approximately 3 hours and will cost you only ₱150. Alight in their public market and from there, you can take the jeepney to Basay, and the fare is ₱20. Just tell the driver that you need to be dropped off at Satori Cliff.
Satori Cliff Entrance Fees:
PHP 25.00 for Adults, PHP 15.00 for Kids, PHP 200 – Parking Fee
Contact them @ 0916-899-2634
- The place is located just along the highway. It is quite easy to locate, but feel free to ask for directions especially if you are driving your car. A google map application could be handy.
- A vendor is selling some beverages and simple snacks in the area. However, it is strongly recommended to bring your food when visiting the place.
- The place is not yet fully developed but beautiful. So make sure not to litter to preserve the beauty of the site.
- They have a decent comfort room for their guests, make sure to clean as you go.
- If you are bringing your kids with you, make sure to supervise them at all times, especially at the cliff area.
- The place has many spots ready for your IG Posts, be mindful if you see some people waiting to get their pictures also.
- You are not encouraged to do cliff diving.
- Make sure to bring your sunscreen when visiting the place.
- Respect the rules set by the management of the place.
More Negros Oriental Travel Guides
- Tejero Highland Resort
- 2-Day Dumaguete Itinerary
- 12 Things to do in Dumaguete
- Dumaguete City Travel Guide
- Manjuyod Sandbar Travel Guide
- Apo Island Travel Guide
- Things to do in Dumaguete City
- Pulang Bato Falls
- Forest Camp Resort
- Buglasan Festival
- Sandurot Festival
- Twin Lake Balinsasayao
- Mabinay Spring Resort
- Mabinay Caves
- Dumaguete-Siquijor Itinerary