GET YOUR INDIAN VISA ONLINE
Here are 5 Indian Visa Online Application steps, requirements as well as other tips to help you with the process.
India has grown to be one of the most exotic countries to visit. It has made it to the top of each traveler’s “must visit” list. India is also famous for its culturally rich and diverse landscapes. Perfect for tourists to wander about and take in all of the scenery. India brings out that adventurous feeling deep inside, as you gaze upon the marvelous and well-detailed structures that this country has to boast about.
This and more brings India into the list of most travelers around the world. Sounds exciting? Are you thrilled about visiting this majestic land?
We have outlined below an Indian Visa Online Application guide. Keep on reading.
5 STEPS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR AN INDIAN VISA ONLINE APPLICATION
Here are the five (5) simple steps to follow in Indian Visa Online Application and head on your way to this extravagant country.
STEP 1: KNOW IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR AN INDIAN VISA ONLINE APPLICATION
There are three (3) types of Visas that you can apply for, but this article solely focuses on an application for an Indian Visa Online Application. The first table shows countries that can visit India WITHOUT the requirement of a Visa.
|NOTE: You are eligible to enter the Indian country given that you are not arriving from China|
The country also permits a Visa-free entry to those who are holders of a Persons with Indian Origin (PIO) Card or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card, given that they are not residents of:
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, or Pakistan
COUNTRIES LEGIBLE FOR AN INDIAN VISA ONLINE
The following are countries that are eligible to apply for an Indian Visa Online application
|Note: These are the list of countries that are legible for an Indian E-Visa|
– Antigua & Barbuda
– Bosnia & Herzegovina
– Cameron Union Republic
– Cape Verde
– Cayman Island
– SAR Hong Kong (China)
– China- SAR Macau
– Cook Islands
– Costa Rica
– Cote d’lvoire
– Czech Republic,
– Dominican Republic
– East Timor
– El Salvador
– Marshall Islands
– New Zealand
– Niger Republic
– Niue Island
– Papua New Guinea
– Republic of Korea
– Republic of Macedonia
|– Saint Christopher and Nevis
– Saint Lucia
– Saint Vincent & the Grenadines
– San Marino
– Sierra Leone
– Solomon Islands
– South Africa
– Sri Lanka
– Trinidad & Tobago
– Turks & Caicos Island
– United Kingdom
– Vatican City
NOTE: If you are visiting India from an airport in a country that is NOT listed above, you are required to apply for an Indian visa by the embassy near your area.
STEP 2: PREPARE ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS AND DOCUMENTS
It is best to prepare every requirement in hand to save your time and the troubles when applying for an online Visa. Here are the following requirements needed for an Indian Visa Online Application
¨A scanned bio page of your passport
NOTE: Keep in mind that the scanned document must be showing your photo and other vital details. It is required that the file is in a PDF file format with a file size of a maximum 300kb.
¨A Digital photo of your Face (Formal Profile Photo)
NOTE: The file must be sent in a JEPG file format with a maximum file size of 1MB, and the height and width of the photo must be cropped equally.
STEP 3: PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION OF AN INDIAN VISA ONLINE
After preparing all of the necessary documents and you have determined that your country is eligible to apply for an online Visa. You can now go to the application website (Like iVisa) or through the official Indian Visa Online Application portal of the Government of India and process it from there.
Fill in all of the necessary Personal information and travel details such as the place you are staying and activities that you will be doing.
With having yourself to provide all of the required information, you can safeguard your personal and financial details with regards to your stay.
STEP 4: PAYMENT FOR THE INDIAN VISA ONLINE APPLICATION
The next step would be paying the Indian Visa Online Application Processing Fee.
The website will give you the option to pay for the fee, either with a debit card, a credit card or through PayPal.
HOW MUCH IS THE FEE?
- The fee depends on the country that you reside in. For example, residents from the Philippines are expected to pay $50 (Php 2,500). Here is a detailed list of the average Indian Visa Online Application Fee per country.
- ¨FREE: Argentina, Fiji, Jamaica, Cook Islands, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, New Guinea, Niue Island, Nauru, Palau, Papua Samoa, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, South Africa, Tuvalu, Tonga, Uruguay, and Vanuatu
- ¨$75: UK, USA, Ukraine, Russia, and Mozambique
- ¨$50: Citizens of the following countries: Australia, Brazil, Belgium, China, Canada, Hong Kong, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Myanmar, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the Philippines, Portugal, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, etc.
- ¨$25: Citizens of Japan, Singapore, and Sri Lanka
STEP 5: WAIT FOR THE APPROVAL OF YOUR INDIAN VISA ONLINE APPLICATION
After you had gone through all of the steps, it is now time to put some patience into it (Visa processing takes 72 hours). Wait for the results of your Indian Visa Online Application by getting an update through your email that confirms your Indian Visa Online Application.
Finally, when your Visa application has been verified to be “Granted,” they will send you a PDF copy of your Electronic Travel Authorization or ETA. Do not lose this copy as it is required that you bring this document when visiting India; it will serve as your papers to the immigration counter.
India Travel Guides and Stories
- KERALA, INDIA TRAVEL GUIDE | ITINERARY, TOURIST ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
- KOCHI/COCHIN TRAVEL GUIDE | TOURIST ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
- Suryanelli Camp, Munnar
- MATTANCHERRY AND FORT KOCHI
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT INDIAN FOOD
- MY FIRST HOUSEBOAT CRUISE IN THE ENCHANTING KERALA BACKWATERS
- SADHYA: SAVORING KERALA’S CULTURE AND TASTE
- EDAKKAL CAVES IN WAYANAD, KERALA