BACOLAODIAT FESTIVAL KICKS OFF WITH A BANG

BACOLAODIAT FESTIVAL KICKS OFF

 The opening of the 2015 Bacolaodiat Festival was highlighted by a grand parade followed by the Lantern Dance Parade Competition.

The 2015 Bacolaodiat Festival Kicks Off with a Bang

 The 2015 Bacolaodiat Festival kicks off today with a bang. Bacolaodiat Festival is Bacolod’s very own Chinese New year Festival.  It comes from the words “Bacolod” & “Lao Diat”, Fookien word for celebration.

The opening of the 2015 Bacolaodiat Festival was highlighted by a grand parade followed by the Lantern Dance Parade Competition.

BACOLAODIAT FESTIVAL KICKS OFF

 Have to had my souvenir photo prior judging the Lantern Dance Parade Competition

Being one of the judges in the Lantern Dance Competition, I had the privilege again to see the contenders from a good vantage point. Eight groups dressed in Chinese Inspired costume with lighted lanterns competed for this year. 40%from the scores we gave will be counted in the overall scores while the remaining 60% will come from the arena dance competition which will happen on February 21, 2015.

BACOLAODIAT FESTIVAL KICKS OFF

Festival  goers filling the entire Lacson Street, Bacolod City

As of this writing Lacson Street and The Provincial Capitol Lagoon in Bacolod City, Philippines, is filled with thousands and thousands of festival goers. More people are coming, especially during night time to enjoy the  street parties along Lacson Street while others would like to taste some Chinese food being showcased in the Chopsticks alley and to see the nightly grand fireworks display. Of course, it’s not only the Bacolenos enjoying the event, but some local and foreign tourists were  also present at the opening of the Bacolaodiat Festival.

BACOLAODIAT FESTIVAL KICKS OFF

Adding colors to the festival  were  Chinese lanterns , red “banderitas” , and lighted giant zodiac signs lanterns  decorating the entire Lacson Street and the Provincial Capitol Lagoon.

BACOLAODIAT FESTIVAL KICKS OFF

HOW TO GET TO BACOLOD:

Bacolod City  can be reached by plane from Metro Manila and other big cities in the country by plane or by sea vessels.

bacolaodiat FESTIVAL BACOLADIAT

 

bacolaodiat FESTIVAL BACOLADIAT
2015 BACOLAODIAT FESTIVAL

bacolaodiat FESTIVAL BACOLADIAT

25 Comments

  1. There are many people who joined the festival. I’m sure they all enjoyed it.

  2. I’ve known this festival long ago and it’s like one of the major festivals in Bacolod! I love how they put so much effort on the festival and if I were there, I would think like I’m in China celebrating Chinese New Year with them.. 🙂

  3. It does look it has its unique look and has the same liveliness of Chinese New Year celebration.

  4. This seems like a very fun and colorful festival. I’ve been to Bacolod but I have never witnessed festivals like this. Maybe soon.

  5. This is surely one of the grandest Philippine festivals. So colorful and so unique.

  6. I’ve never been into Bacolod but it seems a nice place and everyone seems happy and enjoying the festival.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.