5-DAY NORTHERN NEGROS OCCIDENTAL TRAVEL GUIDE | ITINERARY, TOURIST ATTRACTIONS (BACOLOD, TALISAY, SILAY,MANAPLA,CADIZ, SAGAY,SAN CARLOS,DON SALVADOR BENEDICTO)
Coverage: Bacolod, Talisay, Silay, Manapla, Cadiz, Sagay, San Carlos, and Don Salvador Benedicto
Seeing the entire Negros Occidental Province in just a couple of days is quite impossible. The province is composed of 13 Cities and 19 Municipalities with Bacolod City serving as the capital city.
Being a resident and a true blue Negrense, I believe that I can provide tourists with a useful travel guide to materialize their future visit to the province.
Recently I made a general travel guide for guests intending to visit Negros Occidental. The guide contains short descriptions of all the cities and municipalities of the province with links to several Travelogues and Guides I prepared.
Meanwhile, since many travelers cannot stay in the province for more than a week, I created this 5-Day North – Negros Occidental Travel Guide.
This article covers the following cities and municipalities: Bacolod, Talisay, Silay, Manapla, Cadiz, Sagay, San Carlos, and Don Salvador Benedicto. This guide highlights beaches, historical places, gastronomical opportunities and even shopping/souvenir hunting.
Feel free to tweak this guide to suit your personal preferences and traveling style.
- Since this guide covers so many attractions and places, It would be best if you hire a van or vehicle to maximize the time. For solo travelers who will be taking the public transportation, this guide may also be used with the possibility that you may not be able to visit all the listed destinations at a given time.
- It is easy to navigate the Negros Occidental using public transportation. Just ask the locals for directions.
- While Hiligaynon is the dialect spoken in the province, almost everyone can comprehend and can speak Tagalog and English.
- While not mentioned in this guide, you will also be passing other Cities and Municipalities in the Nothern Negros as you follow this guide: Victorias City, Escalante, Calatrava, and Murcia
- For personal needs, snacks, water, etc. you can buy this as you go through this trip. Many stores/groceries can be conveniently found along the highway.
- If you need vehicles and DOT accredited guide for your trip, feel free to drop a message below.
Day 1 – Bacolod, Talisay, Silay, Manapla
Arrival at Bacolod – Silay Airport/Bacolod Seaports: Banago or Bredco
- If you are renting a van, you can ask the operator to pick you up from Bacolod -Silay Airport. Otherwise, there are airconditioned vans outside the airport to bring you to Bacolod City proper for only PHP 150/person.
- If you are coming from Banago Seaport, you can take a jeepney to drop you in the downtown area. Better yet, a taxi is a fast and more comfortable mode of transportation.
- If you are coming from Bredco Port, you can take a trike or a taxi going to your hotel or downtown area.
Quick Tour around Bacolod City
Things to do/Visit in Bacolod City for a quick tour
- San Sebastian Cathedral – this 19th-century cathedral is located right in front of the public plaza
- Negros Museum
- Provincial Capitol – declare as a National Historic Landmark, the structure was erected in 1927 and was completed in 1933. The design of the building was a representation of the status of Negros Occidental being the wealthiest province brought about by the sugar industry boost during those times.
To help you decide on what and where to go in Bacolod City, you may check these travel guides:
Travel To Talisay City
Point of Interest
- The Ruins – click here for our review of The Ruins
- Balay ni Tana Dicang – constructed in 1883, the well preserved Balay ni Tana Dicang is an excellent representation of affluent lifestyle of the Hacienderos in Negros Occidental. Original furniture and furnishings, as well as glass and china wares, are well displayed in the museum.
- To know more about the place here’s the Talisay City Travel Guide
Travel to Silay City
Points of Interest
- Heritage Houses Tour – This tour is best if you have a car. For single travelers, you can rent a trike as the heritage houses are located in the heart of the city. It would be best if you can drop by the Tourism Office before your tour. Their office is located near the church.
- Balaring, Silay – After the heritage tour, you might be hungry already. You can try Silay City’s seafood in Brgy. Balaring. If you are renting a van, they knew the place for sure. If you are traveling alone or with a friend, you can take a trike to bring you to Brgy. Balaring.
- Click here for my Travelogue about Balaring Seafood
Travel to Manapla
Things to do in Manapla:
- Buy some Puto
- Chapel of Cartwheels
- Gaston Mansion
Note: Depending on your speed as a traveler and spots which you would want to visit, the sites as mentioned earlier are enough for the day. So if you are already in Manapla and you have the option to stay their overnight or go back to Bacolod City to experience more of Bacolod City. I don’t recommend going to Lakawon Island late in the afternoon as you are not sure of the weather condition and the travel going to the Island may not be available during this time.
Accommodation in Manapla – Click here for our review of Northland resort and Hotel.
Day 2 – Cadiz
Breakfast in your hotel/resort
Travel to Cadiz
Point of Interest:
- Lakawon Island – Whole Day or overnight (you can also leave the Island in the afternoon and proceed to Sagay City for your next destinations. Lakawon Island is one of the most visited destinations in Negros Occidental.
- Click here for Lakawon Island Travel Guide
Day 3 – Sagay City
Travel to Sagay City
Points of Interest
- Museo Pambata
- Carbin Reef
- Suyac Island
- Click here to read Sagay City Travel Guide and Carbin Reef Trave Guide
The trip to San Carlos City
Things to do:
- Check in to your hotel
- Quick City Tour
- If you are booking at La Vista Highland Resort, you can spend your time to enjoy and unwind at the resort
- Overnight stay in San Carlos City
- Click here for my review of La Vista Highland Resorts in San Carlos City
- Book your room here – La Vista Highland Resorts
- Click here for San Carlos City Travel Guide
Day 4 – Don Salvador Benedicto
Enjoy the Resort
Travel to Bacolod City via Don Salvador Benedicto
Don Salvador Benedicto is a great place to visit during the weekend. As you pass by this municipality, you will see spectacular vistas. There are also some coffee stalls set along the highway.
Things to see in Don Salvador Benedicto
- Malatan-og Falls
- Fine Trees
Travel Back to Bacolod City
Things to do:
- Check in at the hotel – Click here for the List of Hotels in Bacolod City
- Dinner – Click here for Bacolod City’s List of Restaurants
Day 5 – Bacolod, Homeward Bound
Note: Depending on your flight schedule, you can still spend your remaining few hours shop for some souvenirs. If your flight is scheduled late in the afternoon, you can explore the Bacolod City’s attractions and souvenirs Shops.
Places to visit:
- Jojo Vito Designs Gallery – the site offers Bacolod City souvenir like Mask (inspired by Bacolod City’s Masskara Festival ) ranging from the smallest magnet, wearable or wall decors. They also offer “Paint your Own Mask” interactive activity.
- Click here to know more about Jojo Vito Designs Gallery
- The Negros Showroom – Offering the Best of Negros Products
- Click here for The Negros Showroom review