Guintubdan Mountain Resort
GUINTUBDAN MOUNTAIN RESORT, LA CARLOTA CITY TRAVEL GUIDE
Guintubdan is one of the places you should visit if you are in the island of Negros. Sitio Guintubdan is located in Barangay Ara-al, La Carlota City of Negros Occidental. In this place, you can have a good time with your family, friends or even by yourself.
Guintubdan Mountain Resort is an ecological tourism resort that is owned by the government.
Guintubdan Mountain Resort
Things to do in Guintubdan Mountain Resort
Guintubdan Mountain Resort Pavilion
Breathe in the air from the top of a hill that overlooks the garden and forest. It can be foggy sometimes but the experience is breathtaking. From the pavilion, you can get to the waterfalls and kid-sized pool for kids.
The cool water of the springs is both relaxing and refreshing. If you want to stay for more than a few hours, you can rent the cottages nearby. They also allow overnight rent of the cottages.
There are seven waterfalls in Guintubdan. There are three waterfalls that are commonly visited by tourists. Some of the waterfalls can be appreciated from a viewing deck. While the rest are minor waterfalls that can be viewed while trekking.
It is the top waterfall and it is so deep (32 feet) that swimming is not allowed.
Swimming is possible in this falls since the deepest part is seven feet. This is connected after
Busay Mayor, a minor waterfall
Busay Kapid (Twin Falls)
You can appreciate the scenery from a viewing deck. These waterfalls are so beautiful that many tourists, who want to have a closer look, are willing to trek longer just to reach it. It can be hard reaching the falls, and you need to visit during good weather so that you will be allowed to get near.
The waterfall is called EZ Falls because it’s drop formed like letter Z due to the rock formations which determines the shape of its cascades.
This Falls is located just below the Guintubdan Mountain Resort Pavillion and perhaps one of the most accessible and visited of all the waterfalls in the place.
To get to the waterfalls, you need to trek along the path. You need a guide for this activity. It commonly costs Php150 to Php200 to hire a tour guide. If you want harder trekking, you can get near to the crater of Kanlaon Volcano. You would also need permission and a tour guide for that kind of trudging. Tour guide rate for this may differ.
Guintubdab is one of the jump-off points for mountain climbing for Mt. Canlaon.
You can have a good time swimming in the spring, kiddie pool, and Busay Abaga. Make sure to follow the rules and regulations of Guintubdan Mountain Resort when taking a swim.
There many different kinds of plant that you can find at Guintubdan Mountain Resort especially if you decide to make the trek toward the falls. You can discover some plants that you rarely see every day.
Gathering of Families or Friends
Take your family or friends out to this place to have a comfortable and fun experience. You can enjoy the scenery and swim in Guintubdan.
If you are looking for a place of peace for reflection, Guintubdan Mountain Resort is a perfect place. The site is so relaxing that doing meditation is easy to get into.
There are low budget accommodationGuintubdan Mountain Resort area, you can just ask the locals for their small cottages that are for rent
How to Get to Guintubdan Mountain Resort
- From Manila, ride a plane going to Bacolod-Silay airport.
From Bacolod City, you can ride a Cere Bus at the South Terminal or an OMC or SDL bus located in front of Savemore supermarket in Libertad Market that is headed to La Carlota City.
- You can choose to hire a private vehicle that can take you to Guintubdan Mountain Resort. The travel can take an hour or more depending on traffic.
- Once in La Carlota, you can ride a tricycle heading to the public market, this is near the plaza and the church.
- Then ride a jeepney heading to Guintubdan Mountain Resort. Ask the driver or conductor to drop you off at La Carlota Pavilion or Guintubdan Mountain Resort. It takes 30 minutes to less than an hour to get to Guintubdan from La Carlota city proper. As a reminder, trips heading to Guintubdan can be irregular so it would be best to hire a private vehicle for convenience.
Guintubdan Mountain Resort Room Rates
Book your room in advance:
- La Carlota City Tourism Office: (034) 460-0286
- Pavilion and Camping Sites Entrance Fee: Php 20 for adult; Php 10 for kids
- Overnight Stay must check-in from 2 PM to 6 PM, and check out is 12 NN.
Guintubdan Mountain Resort Room and Other Rates:
- picnic Table: Php 100 per table
- annex Room (3-6 persons): Php 600 per day
- standard Room (2 persons): Php 1,000 per day
- extension Room (3 persons): Php 1,000 per day
- family room (4-6 persons): Php 1,500 per day
- Entrance Fee will be charged for an excess of room capacity.
- additional bedding: Php 100 per person per day
- Day Tour Cottage (10 persons) with Grilling Area: Php 200
- bathroom fee in the Pavilion for taking a bath: Php 20
Please take note that prices in the tariff of Guintubdan Mountain Resort are subject to change without prior notice. Make sure to bring extra pocket money for emergencies.
There is a fee per tent for the tent campers.
If you are going to trek, make sure that you have enough time to do the activity since it can take hours to tour the waterfalls. Bring some water along since it can be tiring.
What to bring:
- A jacket or sweater. It can get icy in Guintubdan.
- Food. There is no corkage, and the cottages allow grilling.
- If you stay overnight, it would be best to bring a small flashlight.
- There is not much food sold in the area, so better be ready when you go there.
Make sure you are well prepared for the trip and do not forget that you must not leave any trash lying around. Throw your trash in the right disposal bins and follow the rules and regulations of the area. Take pleasure in the beautiful place and heed this reminder from Guintubdan Mountain Resort :
“Take nothing but pictures;
Kill nothing but time;
Leave nothing but footprints;
Bring nothing but memories.”
More Travel Guides:
- La Carlota City Travel Guide
- Pasalamat Festival Guide
- Negros Occidental Travel Travel Guide
- 5-Day Northern Negros Travel Guide
- Talisay Travel Guide
- Silay Travel Guide
- San Carlos Travel Guide
- Don Salvador Benedicto Travel Guide
- Murcia Travel Guide
- Bago City Travel Guide
- Escalante Travel Guide
- Hinigaran Travel Guide
- Sipalay Travel Guide
- Negros Occidental: Land of Sweet Surprises
- CARAMOAN ISLAND, CAMARINES SUR TRAVEL GUIDE
- NEGROS OCCIDENTAL: LAND OF SWEET SURPRISES
- EXPERIENCE PANAAD SA NEGROS FESTIVAL, NEGROS OCCIDENTAL
- STONEPEAK CAFE DON SALVADOR BENEDICTO
- GENERAL SANTOS CITY | TRAVEL GUIDE + TOURIST SPOTS